IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization) treatment utilizes a tool, or set of tools, to break up scar tissue at an injury site to trigger a focal inflammatory response. This inflammation leads to the absorption of scar tissue and the production of new collagen to repair the injury site.
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Allows faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
- Clients can continue to engage in everyday activities